These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with us so please read them carefully. Nothing in these Booking Conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
Your contract is with Emma Holcombe (“we”, “us” and “our” in these Booking Conditions) for the property known as Cliff Cottage (“the Property”). References to “you” or “your” or “Holidaymakers” are references to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party.
This agreement is made on the basis that the property (“the Property”) is to be occupied by you for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and you acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our written confirmation and is subject to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation. If we do this we will promptly refund any money you have paid to us.
1. Making your booking – more than 8 weeks prior to holiday start date:
- When you book the Property with us you should return the completed Booking Contract to us together with your payment for the Initial Deposit. You should carefully check the details of the Booking Contract and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions. Once the completed Booking Contract and the Initial Deposit have been received and accepted by us, we will issue you with our written confirmation.
- You are required to send to us your payment for the balance of the Rental at least eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date as set out in our written confirmation. If you fail to make a payment due to us in full and on time we may treat your booking as cancelled by you.
2. Making your booking – less than 8 weeks prior to holiday start date
- When you book the Property with us you should return the completed Booking Contract to us together with your payment for the full rental price. You should carefully check the details of the Booking Contract and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions. Once the completed Booking Contract and the full rental price have been received and accepted by us, we will issue you with our written confirmation.
3. If you cancel or amend your booking
- If you need to cancel or amend your booking, you must confirm your cancellation in writing or by email to the addresses shown on our written confirmation – a cancellation request form is provided on the last page of this document. A cancellation will not take effect until we receive this written confirmation from you.
- If you cancel your booking within fourteen days of receiving our written confirmation, we will refund any money you have paid us.
- After such period, if you cancel your booking more than eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date, we will retain the Initial Deposit and refund the balance of any money you have paid to us.
- If you cancel your booking less than eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date, we will retain the full rental price that you have paid to us. We will re-advertise the dates, and if we are able to re-let the property, we will retain the Initial Deposit and refund the balance of any money you have paid to us.
4. If we cancel or amend your booking
- We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking. However, if a problem occurs and we do have to make alterations or cancel your booking, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking and, if it is necessary to cancel your booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us.
5. Arrival and Departure
- You can arrive at your accommodation after 3pm on the Arrival Date of your holiday and you must leave by 10am on the Departure Date.
6. Your obligations
- You agree to comply with the Regulations (section 11 of these Booking Conditions) and any other regulations reasonably made from time to time and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party.
- You agree to keep the Property and all fixtures, fittings, furnishings and effects in the same state of repair as at the commencement of your holiday and leave the Property in the same level of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
- You agree not to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
- You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property, except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence.
- You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage).
- You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access at any reasonable time during your stay.
- We will treat any of the following circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you. We can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it.
- • You allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorized or you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property.
- • You undertake any activity that is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance.
- • You take a pet into the Property.
- • You smoke anywhere in the Property.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. If any complaint cannot be resolved during your holiday, you must write to us with full details within 28 days of the end of it. In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended when you have denied the Owners/Caretakers the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday.
8. Our liability
- Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to £1000 and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. This does not include or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- The contract between you and us is governed by the law of England and Wales and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales.
10. Data protection
- For legal reasons, I must keep your details in my records for 12 months. By booking a holiday with us, you consent to receive our marketing emails. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, please email me, stating ‘Unsubscribe’, and I will remove you from my mailing list.
please email me, stating ‘Unsubscribe’, and I will remove you from my mailing list.
11. Property Regulations
Please do not smoke anywhere in the property. If we find that you have smoked in the property, you will be required to leave the Property, and invoiced for a deep clean of the entire Property to remove the odour.
Please do not bring pets into the Property. If we find that you have brought any animals into the property, you will be required to leave, and invoiced for a deep clean of the entire property.
We expect that a certain amount of wear and tear is inevitable (for example the odd smashed glass or broken plate). If you damage something whilst at the property, please inform us at the earliest opportunity so that it can be fixed or replaced in time for the next holidaymakers. You will be invoiced for more serious damages and breakages such as incidents to flooring, broken windows etc.
When leaving the property empty, please ensure that:
- All external doors and windows are shut and locked;
- All electrical appliances (except the fridge/freezer) are turned off at the plug; and
- The electric heater in the lounge and all portable heaters are switched off at the plug.
Please place all rubbish in the dustbin and ensure the lid is securely on, to prevent seagulls from removing the rubbish. Please put the dustbin outside the front of the cottage by the bench on Thursday evening. The rubbish is collected very early on Friday morning.
- Please ensure you have familiarised yourself with the property layout – a floor plan can be found in the cottage and here.
- A fire extinguisher and fire blanket are provided and are located in the kitchen opposite the cooker. A fire safety information card is also provided with this equipment – please take the time to read this when you arrive, so you know what to do if there is an emergency.
- Torches and battery-operated night lights are provided. These are only for your use in an emergency or blackout, so please do not remove them from the property. Please do not use candles in the property at any time.
- Please use all appliances and heaters sensibly, for example (but not limited to) position heaters at a distance from curtains, furniture and bedding, and do not place clothes on them.
Please leave the property clean and tidy, with everything (including keys) back where you found it.
Please ensure you have viewed my full accessibility statement. The cottage is reached by a sloping path (approx 100m from the harbour) therefore it is not recommended for those with limited mobility. The ceiling height in the twin bedroom is not suitable for those over 6ft. The en-suite bathroom to the twin bedroom has a sloping ceiling.